A little one learning to walk is an exciting and slightly terrifying time! You’re so proud of your munchkin, but suddenly realise that anything lower than knee level is fair game.
The other new challenge is that a walking child needs foot protection when out and about.
While podiatrists and other medical practitioners agree that barefoot is best where possible, the reality is that there are times when their feet need protecting. Sharp sticks and cranky ants don’t move out of the way and before you know it, your little one is a ball of pain.
The Traditional BigToes shoe design is so much more than a cute, easy-to-put-on choice. This shoe has been scientifically designed to mimic barefoot walking in babies and toddlers, as much as any shoe possibly could. It offers full foot support, without taking away the crucial ‘barefoot feelings’ required for growth and cognitive development.
- Has a ‘big toe box’ to allow toes to freely move around inside the shoe. This is necessary to gain balance and stability.
- Has a softness that sits BELOW the ankle, providing the right amount of support without over-stabilising. Too much rigidity around the ankle leads to weakness and a foot that relies solely on a shoe for stability. This can affect the development of feet, ankles, knees and hips.
- Is glue free, breathable and totally non-toxic. This eliminates foot odour (kids feet get SWEATY!) and is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Has a non-slip out-sole. Learning to walk is hard enough without a slippery sole!
- Is lightweight and easy to slip on and off. Little ones don’t tend to keep their feet still for very long!
- Comes in a range of fun, happy designs.
Measuring your baby’s feet for BigToes Shoes
The simplest way to measure your baby’s feet for BigToes is to place their foot on a blank piece of paper and draw a line at the top of their big toe and the end of their heel. You can also use a ruler or measuring tape to measure from big toe to heel. As babies have higher tops of their feet, it is important to ensure the shoe is bigger than their actual foot size. The tops of BigToes take the shape of socks so after measuring your baby’s feet you should select a size which is 3-5mm bigger than the measurement.
BigToes shoes are fully machine washable to 30°C. When washing, please place shoes in a delicates bag prior to commencing the wash cycle. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach. Do not use harsh biological chemicals.
Note: to maintain the quality of the fabric, hand washing is recommended.
Protecting the colour change feature in Chameleon BigToes
We recommend that when BigToes Chameleon shoes are not being worn, they are stored in an unlit environment or cupboard, away from prolonged, direct sunlight exposure.
- External Textile: Cotton, Spandex, Rubber Yarn, Polyurethane Yarn
- Outsole: TPE 100% (Tested non-toxic products)